donderdag 23 juli 2009

gay news

The oldest independent gay bookstore in the U.S., Giovanni’s room in Philadelphia needs help to guarantee its survival. A wall has to be rebuilt from the ground up costing $ 50.000. The store will stay open during the construction because it can’t survive without customer revenue around that time. Hope it does not end up like Oscar Wilde bookstore in New York, one of my favorite stops in the village until it closed earlier this year.

There have been many gay people on Big Brother’s all over the world and some of them even won. But this year in Britain they have the first gay couple in the 10 years the show is on. I have not seen clips but I think it’s good for straight people to see a gay couple falling in love on live TV. Just to show we are just like them!

This weekend the World Outgames begin in Copenhagen, nearly 200.000 participant are expected. It brings back sweet memories to the Gay Games in Amsterdam back in 1998. I was still in my teens, clubbing and  partying. I really had a great time there with some many gay people visiting from all over the world.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten